Tuesday, June 14, 2011

If I Could Turn Back Time...

So...one small step for mankind, and one GIANT FAIL for me. I am really good at saying the wrong things, jumping to conclusions, and carrying around old baggage. These things have a tendency to bite me in the butt. So thanks past relationships. Today you have made me proud of myself. NOT. In other news, I'm sitting at the public library and this little boy has been playing peek a boo with me around my computer and just shyly shoved a piece of paper toward me with some scribbles on it. He grinned at me, then scampered off. Kids rock, by the way. They crack me up with how uninhibited they are (most of the time). For those of you who know me, I spent the last two years as a teacher at Head Start-it was both the best and worst two years of my life. But if anything, it taught me about the gift that children are. The children I had in my classroom were some of the funniest, most interesting people I have met in my life. But enough about that. 
Also..there is a really creepy guy at the computer behind me and he keeps singing really weird songs from the 60's under his breath. I swear, the weirdos always find me. Its the truth.

So then...let me instead reflect upon this statement:
"Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret, and depression. Do not repeat them in the future."

Thank you, Swami Sivananda...whomever you may be...for those words of wise, wise, very wise wisdom. And now, if you'll excuse me...I'm going to go reflect upon that statement. Thank you, and goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment